Efficient and effective office space planning is crucial to making the most of your commercial real estate. The design and layout of your office space has a direct effect on the productivity and happiness of your employees, who spend a large chunk of their time in your office.
That’s why you should make planning the layout of your commercial real estate space a priority. Here are some of the most important things you should take into account when planning the layout and design of your commercial real estate in Chicago:
- As an employer, you have a responsibility to look after the health and safety of your employees. Let our office planning professionals help you plan an office that minimizes occupational hazards. Effective office planning can reduce the risk of accidents and create a safer work space.
- Staff productivity. You’ll be surprised at how office design can influence the productivity of your staff. A dark, poorly-designed, and dreary office atmosphere can hurt employee morale and lower productivity. No one wants to come to work in a dingy and depressing office. A cheerful, comfortable office environment makes employees want to work.
- Regulatory compliance. Your office plan needs to take multiple regulatory compliance issues into account. The layout of your office should comply with fire codes, for example, and meet the needs of employees and clients with disabilities. Tenant representation services like ours can help you meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- When you fail to put appropriate consideration into the layout of your office, communication between staff members suffers. A well-executed office plan puts staff members who work together closely in physical proximity, to make communication easier and boost employee productivity and morale.
- You might be throwing money away on extra office space that your company doesn’t even need. Efficient office space planning can help you optimize your use of the space you have, so you can avoid making a costly move to a larger space.
Countless businesses struggle due to failures in office space planning. Don’t let yours be one of them. Get professional help from Tenant Advisors in planning the best use of your office space today.