Moving into any new property—especially an office—is stressful business. A thousand questions might flood your mind, but it is important to keep calm and cool throughout the process of looking for space to utilize for your professional purposes. You want to make sure that you’ve found the perfect place for you. You want to know for a fact that you’re getting the best deal possible. You want to ensure that the landlord is a person that you can actually do business with. These are absolutely normal thoughts and concerns to have; however, right about you’re about to sign that lease you want to be certain that you’re making the best decision for your needs and goals. So, right before you make that final decision make sure to ask the landlord some of the following 10 hard-hitting questions:
1) Is the lease short or long-term?
2) Do you pro-rate rent?
3) Where and how is rent paid each month?
4) Are there additional fees on top of the rent?
5) Is there property management on site?
6) Are there regular inspections of the property?
7) Are there rules against personalizing your office?
8) If there is a deposit, is it refundable?
9) Is there any maintenance work that I am responsible for?
10) Are there any improvements or construction planned for the building in the near future?
This is one of the most important steps in finding the perfect location for you. If you require additional service in finding office space in the Chicago area, consider contacting a tenant representation service to help you throughout the process.